December National Awareness of Awarenesses Month
While November is what has become known by many as “No-Shave-mber” in honor of men’s health awareness, looking ahead to December brings us to the National Awareness Month of Awareness Months. Confused? At the risk of its title being redundant, it simply means that December is the designated month to bring awareness to the fact that the rest of the months of the year are to bring awareness to various causes. While there are the traditional holidays already observed in December – like Chanukah, Kwanza, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve – there are many other U.S.-specific designations in December, too. Here are some that you can find in Chicagoland:
- World AIDS Day (December 1st) – World AIDS Day Events in Illinois will be held in honor of AIDS awareness on the 30th of November at Trinity United Methodist Church, 400 West 95th Street Chicago. You can also see other events and dates in the link above.
- Operation Santa Paws (from December 1st through the 24th) – Take photos with your furry friend to help support the Buddy Foundation by going to one of these events in northern Illinois.
- Safe Toys and Gifts Month – Read this list of resources and tips on choosing safe toys brought to you by Prevent Blindness, Chicago.
- St. Nicholas Day – The Chicago area has plenty of places to go in December to experience the joy of St. Nicholas Day.
- Gingerbread House Day (December 12th) – Enter your gingerbread house to compete for prizes, or take it easy and enjoy this holiday tradition with family and friends. Habitat Chicago Associate Board Gingerbread House Mini Build 2022
More December Holidays
From bizarre to fun and historical, if you are looking for other holidays and events to celebrate around Chicagoland this December, check out these community calendars:
Are You Looking for a Chicagoland Home?
If you need assistance buying or selling your Naperville property please do not hesitate to contact us at www.RyanHillGroup.com. Call the Listing Agent and Managing Broker of Ryan Hill Group, Teresa Ryan at 630-276-7575 for a no-obligation home sale consultation.