Cool Chicago Western Suburbs Summer Activities & Museums
If you’re looking for things to do in the Chicago southwest suburbs with your kids this summer, there are plenty of activities and museums to keep your family from getting bored. Chicago's western suburbs summer activities include some well-known places, but also some new and unusual ones to visit together:
- Get ready for some wild entertainment! At Safari Land Indoor Amusement Park, you can play arcade games, ride a roller coaster, drive bumper cars and go-karts, or take a journey aboard a tilt-a-whirl and many more. https://www.safarilandfun.com/.
- Want to burn off some energy and get out of the hot sun? Challenge your family to an indoor game of tag at Chasers Laser Tag. You can even sign your kids up for their summer camp. https://chaserstag.com/.
- Hands-on learners will love the DuPage Children’s Museum, where kids can explore the world they know through a variety of hands-on exhibits focusing on math, art, science, and culture. https://dupagechildrens.org/.
- Do your kids like to play with history? Let them view the assorted collections of historical trinkets and toys at Naper Settlement. While you’re there, take a tour of the buildings to learn more about what Naperville was like back in its pioneer days. http://www.napersettlement.org/.
- Go on a discovery hike and view nature up close. Cantigny Park has 29 acres of gardens to visit, two museums, a golf course, and plenty of other outdoor activities for families to enjoy together. http://www.cantigny.org/.
- Embark on a scavenger hunt or take a tour of the Jurica-Suchy Nature Museum of Benedictine University. There are over 10,000 animal specimens of birds, fish, fossils, mammals, and reptiles on display. http://www.ben.edu/museum/.
- Railroad buffs will appreciate the culture of the 19th-century people of Northern Illinois who lived at Lisle Station. Visit The Museums at Lisle Station Park to tour the Tavern, train car, blacksmith’s shop, farmhouse, and train depot museum. They also offer free family events all summer long. http://lisleparkdistrict.org/museumsatlislestationpark.html.
- What’s it like in the second-best city for families to live in in the U.S.? Find out by visiting the Downer’s Grove Museum and learning more about their rural history through the exhibits, events, and classes held there. https://www.dgparks.org/downers-grove-museum.
- You can view firefighting artifacts, photos, and an impressive selection of fire trucks at the Aurora Regional Fire Museum. Tour the museum, learn all about fire rescue, and participate in an interactive exhibit and discussion about the Great Chicago Fire. https://www.auroraregionalfiremuseum.org/.
As you can see from the list, there are lots of great things to do in the western suburbs of Illinois if you like Chicagoland! It’s truly a fun place for families, offering residents the chance to explore and appreciate the State.
If you need assistance in selling your Naperville property please do not hesitate to contact us at www.RyanHillGroup.com. Call the listing Agent and Managing Broker of Ryan Hill Group, Teresa Ryan at 630-333-4746 for a no-obligation home sale consultation.
Selling a home? Here’s a free Home Selling Guide with all the information, tips, and tools you will need to successfully sell your home in Chicago’s Western Suburbs.
Don't forget to get a copy of our Home Buyer Guide written by Teresa Ryan for Chicagoland home buyers, visit: FREE Home Buyer's Guide
Post a Comment