Activities and Events Around Chicagoland for the Christmas Season
Are you ready to spread some holiday cheer? You and your family can enjoy plenty of Christmas / holiday things to do if you plan on visiting the Chicago area in December. Here are some of the best-loved events happening throughout the suburbs you won’t want to miss:
- Naper Lights – Naperville Settlement, Naperville. Be prepared to be wowed by the holiday light show presented by the Naperville Sunrise Rotary, starting November 25th. While this event is free, donations are welcome.
- Christkindlmarket – Another great event in Aurora, Chicago and Wrigleyville to bring the German-inspired festivities of the season into Chicagoland. Visit the open-air market to find handcrafted gift items and lots of Christmas fun and goodies to eat and drink.
- Frozemont – Rosemont’s Parkway Bank Park entertainment district is thrilled to kick off the holiday season with the return of its Chicago Wolves Ice Rink Saturday, November 19. Visitors can enjoy ice skating beginning at 11 a.m. Chicago Wolves Ice Rink To Be Open Through January 29, 2023
- Holiday Magic – The zoo went alive with light started on November 25th, through December 31st, offering up an impressive display of one million LED lights, live entertainment, and musical performances, holiday displays, and other Christmas things to do for the whole family.
- Celebrate the Season Holiday Festival – Cantigny Park, Wheaton. Between their poinsettia sale starting November 18th and the holiday festival event on December 3rd, add Cantigny Park to your calendar of events for must-see Christmas fun. Meet Jack Frost or Santa and Mrs. Claus, and all their reindeer, and browse through holiday gifts and crafts for sale.
- A Swingin' Little Christmas – Raue Center for the Arts, Crystal Lake. Need a little Christmas cheer? Have some laughs as you watch a live production entitled “A SWINGIN' LITTLE CHRISTMAS” brought to you by Jane Lynch, Kate Flannery, Tim Davis, and the Tony Guerrero Quintet. Saturday, December 10, 2022, at 8:00 PM.
- Christmas Walk and Holiday House Tour – downtown Geneva. The town of Geneva will celebrate Christmas the Swedish way, starting with the arrival of Santa Lucia on December 2nd. Also at that event will be carolers, a live nativity, and a tour of Santa and Mrs. Claus’ gingerbread house. You may also take a tour of Christmas house light displays featuring local homes decorated for the season and enjoy a holiday tea.
- Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum – Morton Arboretum, Lisle. Surround your senses by the sights and sounds of Christmas as you walk around the Arboretum for their spectacular, mile-long interactive light show.
- Aurora Festival of Lights – Phillips Park, Aurora. Starting November 25 to December 25th you can drive through the park for Aurora’s holiday light show. While free to attend, volunteers will be standing by to take donations as you reach the end of the display.
- Christmas on the Prairie – Annunciation Byzantine Catholic Church, Homer Glen. On December 10th, celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas on the prairie and experience what it would have been like for the first settlers to the area. There will be lots of paths to explore, family-friendly activities, and of course a visit with St. Nicholas himself.
- Special Kids Day – Wilder Mansion, Elmhurst. Special needs children and their families are invited to attend Wilder Mansion’s special kids day event to celebrate Christmas by meeting Santa, playing games, and listening to festive music all evening long on December 7th.
Are You Looking for a Home For Sale in Naperville, Chicago or its suburbs?
Call the Listing Agent and Managing Broker of Ryan Hill Group, Teresa Ryan at 630-276-7575 for a no-obligation consultation.